Ecore transforms reclaimed materials into performance surfaces that make people’s lives better. What started with cork has evolved into a portfolio of surfaces solving complex problems in applications ranging from playgrounds, weight rooms, and turf fields to hospitals, hotels, and retail environments. Ecore serves the athletic, fitness, healthcare, hospitality, corporate, multi-family, education, and public space markets.
This policy covers the following topics:
- Information You Post on our Site
- Our Contact Information
- Changes to this Policy
1. Information You Post on our Site
Personally Identifiable Information
Ecore may require customers to register to use our Site which requires you to give us personal information in order to provide you with a more personalized or secure experience on our Site. Personal information can be defined as information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context. Personal information we collect may be used by Ecore to advertise or market our business, keep and maintain accounts, and keep records of transactions. For instance, if you provide us with your email address, we may send you emails, from which you may unsubscribe, informing you about Ecore products, programs, offers, and services.
We may use third-party service providers to serve advertisements on our behalf across the internet. These service providers may collect your IP address upon your visits to our Site in order to serve Ecore ads while you are visiting other websites. This information is often collected through the use of a pixel tag (also known as cookies and action tags), which is industry-standard technology used by most major websites.
We request information from you on our Contact Us Form and Sample Order Form. To order from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you.
Disclosures and Transfers
Ecore will not sell, rent, disclose, or transfer your personal information to any third party except when one of the following conditions is true:
- We have the individual’s permission to make the disclosure;
- The disclosure is required by law;
- The disclosure is reasonably related to the sale or other disposition of all or part of our business or assets;
- The party to whom the disclosure is made controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with Ecore;
- The disclosure is reasonably necessary for the establishment or maintenance of legal claims;
- The disclosure is to entities who sell or market our products, provided the disclosure is consistent with the purpose for which the personal information was obtained.
- The disclosure to a third-party is contracted by Ecore to complete a transaction.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by law, Ecore only retains personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which they were collected. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, Ecore considers the amount, nature, and sensitivity of personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use of processing by other means, and any applicable legal requirements.
Automatically Collected Anonymous Data
Personal data is collected so we can personalize your experience on the Site and enable you to share pages on social media sites. Following standard industry practice, Ecore uses pixel tags and other methods to gather information about the emails it sends to registered Site users. Pixel tags are tiny graphic files that are included in HTML-encoded email messages. When such a message is opened in an HTML-capable email program, the recipient's computer will access our email service provider's (“ESP”) servers to retrieve the pixel tag file, allowing the ESP to record and store information. Ecore uses this information to optimize delivery of future messages to specific recipients. We maintain log files tracking IP addresses to analyze trends, help diagnose problems with our servers, and to monitor traffic/usage in order to provide better service to our clients and Site visitors. Ecore engages with third parties such as, Google Analytics, Hotjar and SharpSpring, to anonymously measure your use of our websites and applications so that we can make improvements, tailor the Site and online services to your likely interests, and conduct market research. We may use third-party service providers to serve advertisements on our behalf across the internet. These service providers may collect non-personally identifiable or de-identified information about your visits to our Site in order to serve Ecore ads while you are visiting other websites. Such non-personally identifiable information is anonymous or de-identified and does not reflect your name, address, email address or other personal information. This anonymous or de-identified information is often collected through the use of a pixel tag (also known as cookies and action tags), which is industry-standard technology used by most major websites.
At certain points in your visit to the Site, our server or the servers of our unaffiliated service providers (providers who help us maintain and operate the Site for other reasons related to the operation of our business) may send a "cookie" file to your computer. Your browser may prompt you to accept this file unless you have set your browser preferences to accept all cookies automatically. Cookies are employed primarily to provide you with a good experience when you browse our Site and also allows us to improve the Site. We may link cookie information with any personally-identifiable information you provide us. For more information on cookies, please visit http://www.whatarecookies.com/. For information on the Cookies used on this Site, please click here. Ecore employs the following cookie types:
- Essential Cookies
These cookies allow you to navigate the Site and use its features such as shopping cart. It collects personal data and shopping cart selections but the data collected is only stored temporarily. If you choose to disable these cookies, it may impact the how the Site functions.
- Analytics Cookies
These cookies help us to understand how visitors use the Site so that we can improve how the Site works and modify the type of content we provide. This includes the use of Hotjar, an analysis and feedback tool and SharpSpring, a marketing automation tool. We usually contract with independent measurement and research companies to perform these services for us. The cookies they create are called "third-party cookies". Personal data is collected, but the information collected only identifies your computer and not you as an individual. All data collected by Hotjar is aggregated anonymously.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
The Site may collect non-personally identifiable information during your visit, such as type of browser, operating system, domain name, or IP address. An IP address is a number that identifies a specific computer connected to the internet. Web servers -- computers that "serve" up web pages -- automatically identify your computer by its IP address. When you visit pages on the Site our servers log your IP address. We do not link IP addresses to any personally identifiable information. This means that your session will be logged, but you remain anonymous to us. IP address information is used only to improve the service of the Site, and is then discarded at the end of each session.
Ecore also collects information through "referrers" and various environmental variables. A "referrer" is information that the browser passes to Ecore’s web server which references the URL from where you came. "Environmental variables" include, among other things, the domain from which you access the internet, the time you accessed our Site, type of browser, operating system or platform used, the internet address of the website you left to visit Ecore, the names of the pages you visit while at our Site, and the internet address of the website you then visit. We collect all of this information to allow us to detect broad demographic trends, to provide information tailored to your interests and to enhance your experience on the Site. This information is not tied to any personally identifiable information.
At times, the Site uses what are commonly referred to as "pixel tags," "web beacons," or "clear GIFs," including other similar methods (collectively, "Pixel Tags") to collect aggregated information about Site usage. Pixel Tags allow Ecore to measure the number of users who have visited specific pages on our Site and help determine the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. The information collected from Pixel Tags contains no personally identifiable information and is used for statistical analysis only.
In certain situations, the use of Pixel Tags and cookies may be controlled by unaffiliated entities in order to manage programs or promotions. Where permitted by law, Ecore cannot be responsible for third-party uses of Pixel Tags and cookies; however, when we are able, we will require these unaffiliated entities to not collect personally identifiable information.
To help us improve our Site and to ensure that we make every effort to provide you with information and offers that are of interest to you, we may develop a non-identifiable profile based on the pages within our site that you visit.
Data Storage and Maintenance
All personal data collected is stored and maintained in the United States, unless legally required to be kept elsewhere. Personal data are always processed by Ecore in a manner that best ensures their security.
Ecore may share personal data with its service providers (e.g. a company that physically stores data on computer servers) to manage a business account or when otherwise permitted or required by law. Ecore service providers are required by contract to adhere to the same data protection laws that Ecore follows to further ensure data security.
We make every effort to have reasonable security procedures in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control. When you submit sensitive information via the Site, your information is protected. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page. If you have any questions about the security of our Site, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to other Websites
Notification of Changes
Special Policy Regarding Information from Children Under Sixteen
This Site is not targeted to children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly request personally identifiable information from any child under the age of 16 without parental consent. If we receive such information, we will delete it as soon as we discover it and will not use it or share it with third parties.
- You may choose not to provide us with any contact information;
- You may set your browser to reject cookies and to erase cookies that have already been placed on your hard drive, but rejecting cookies may prevent the use of some features on the site. You may choose to disable Google Analytics cookies without affecting the functionality of the Site. However, by disabling all cookies you may not be able to order samples through the Site;
- If you do not want your personal or non-personal information merged with cookie and other information, you should not use the Site or should adjust your browser settings appropriately;
- If you no longer wish to subscribe to Ecore emails or digital promotional communications, you can opt out of receiving them by following the Unsubscribe instructions included in each newsletter or communication;
- If you would like to modify or delete information or specific details associated with your email settings, you can easily do so by following the preference center instructions included in each newsletter or communication.
We respond to all requests that we receive from individuals who wish to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You may have the following rights depending on the country in which you live or have citizenship:
- You may choose to review, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information by emailing email@example.com;
- You may object to processing of your personal information;
- You may withdraw your consent at any time if we have collected and processed your information with your consent. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- If you have any questions or requests related to your personal information or how Ecore processes them, please contact Ecore at firstname.lastname@example.org. Proof of identity may be required to protect personal data against unauthorized access. Any personal data collected to respond to an inquiry or fulfill a request will be retained for 90 days after request closure and then deleted. This will allow for follow-up processing as necessary.
- If for any reason you are unsatisfied with how Ecore has handled your personal data or your data request, you may contact your local Supervisory Authority (an independent public authority) to lodge a complaint.
3. Our Contact Information
If you would like additional information or need clarification on this Policy, please contact us at:
715 Fountain Avenue
Lancaster , PA , 17601
4. Changes to this Policy
|Effective Date of Change||Author & Title||Change Made|
|March 19, 2019||Lyza Valenzo, Director of Information Technology||Initial Publication|
|September 26, 2019||Lyza Valenzo, Director of Information Technology|
|January 30, 2019||Lyza Valenzo, Director of Information Technology|